Despite how careful, respectful and professional you are, accidents can still happen. The good thing is, all professionals using the Blys platform are insured.
If you caused a damage to the client's property, or if the client alleges that you did, first thing you should do is to take pictures of the damage for your own records.
Blys will do its best to coordinate the insurance claim process between you, your client and your insurer - however please note that you may need to liaise directly with your client and your insurer as the claim will be against you / your business.
Here's how the process is likely to be:
- Blys will collect all information from your client with regards to the client's insurance claim, including;
- Photos of damage
- Date & Time of the event
- Booking ID (if possible)
- The value of the damaged property ($)
- Estimated cost to repair the damaged property ($)
- Any other information that may be helpful for a claim
- Blys will send this information we received from the client to you so you can contact your insurer.
- Your insurer will then contact your client directly to do their own investigation.
- Your insurer will get an estimated cost of repair from a third party.
- If the claim is accepted, your insurer will get the damaged repaired.
- If the total cost of repair is within your insurance cover, you may only need to pay excess. However, if the repair cost of repair exceeds your limit, you may be required to pay the difference.
Disclaimer: Nothing contained within this is to be considered personal or general advice in relation to Insurance. Blys recommends you consult your qualified, licensed and professional Insurers and/or Insurance advisers for more details and support in these matters.